Upon arriving in Eilat, there is so much to explore. Discover the beautiful desert and learn about its history on a Timna Park Tour from Eilat. The tour is available four days a week with guaranteed departure. Just north of Israel’s most southern city lies Timna Park, a stunning desert reserve with otherworldly scenery. On this one-day tour, you will have the opportunity to explore the beauty of this incredible site and more.
Timna Park has a unique flora and geology, including one of the oldest copper mines in the world. On this tour, you will learn about the history of this ancient mine, including its ties to ancient Egyptian mythology. This Timna Park Tour from Eilat provides a unique insight into the enchanting desert which covers most of Israel’s land area, yet is missed by too many visitors.
**NB. This tour is only available during the winter season from October until March**
- Pickup from Ramon Airport and other centralized locations in Eilat
- Explore the beauty of Timna Park with an English guide
- Learn about the world’s oldest copper mine in the world and its ties to ancient Egypt
- Create your own unique, colored sand bottle as a souvenir
- Return transfer to Eilat
Timna Park Tour from Eilat Itinerary
- 10:00 – Pickup from Ramon Airport and four central locations in Eilat
- 10:30 – Visit Timna Park’s visitors’ center and watch a presentation called “Kingdom of Mines During the Journey to Egypt”
- 11:00 – Enjoy a guided tour of Timna Park in English
- 13:00 –Craft your own one-of-a-kind souvenir in the colored sands of Timna activity
- 14:00 – Depart from Timna Park
- 14:30 –Return to Eilat
*NB – all timings are approximate
The tour is available with guaranteed departure every Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
Tour includes: Transportation to all sites from Ramon Airport and centrally located pickup points, short video presentation and guided tour of Timna Park, colored sand activity, return transfer to Eilat
Tour does not include: Entrance fees (approx 14 USD per person), lunch, drinks, tips, personal travel insurance.
Things to bring: Hat, sunscreen, walking shoes, water, and snacks.